Airport engineers work in airports where they are responsible for engineering functions involving airport facilities and aircrafts. They are responsible for planning and supervising efforts for expansion, development, and improvement of airports and their facilities. Airport engineers must be knowledgeable of preparing engineering plans for facilities such as public parking, airport roadway systems, and ground transportation systems. They must be adept in aviation industry policies and standards to ensure that airports are in compliance with these. Airport engineers are highly specialized and they oversee the implementation of airport construction and development.
Sample Airport Engineer CV Template
Bignold Road, Forest Gate
London, E7 1EX
Dynamic and highly knowledgeable licensed engineer seeking a challenging position as an airport engineer where my skills and knowledge can be maximized and honed.
Summary of Qualification
- With six years of professional experience as an airport engineer.
- Strong understanding of aviation standards and airport facilities mechanics.
- Highly skilled in planning and managing staff to perform tasks.
- Vast knowledge of aircrafts and airport facilities.
- Excellent people management and time management skills.
- Abreast of advances in aviation technology.
- Willing to travel and work extended work hours.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Airport Engineer, London Airport
- Coordinate engineering activities with state officials.
- Prepare engineering plans to improve and develop airport.
- Recommend ways to expand and redesign airport to suit passenger needs and be at par with latest technological advancements.
1998 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.